miércoles, 5 de octubre de 2016

My favourite artist

Really I dont have a favourite artist and neither a favourite piece of art, but if i choose one i would choose a photographer. He called Martin Chambi, an indigenous peruvian.

He is recognized for being the first in portrait photographer in Perú and for to portray the native population usually in Lima or Arequipa. 

One of my favourite photo is a picture in which an old woman appears, but a very old woman, peruvian, and indigenous. I think that is the most beautiful photo that was taken in Lationamerica. I think the photo represents all the history was hidden, repressed, and ignored in all the history, and in specially, art history, in which always narrate the history from a western perspective, usually European, so i love this photo for this. 

Other thing that makes me like it and fascinated with this photo, its aesthetics, the colour, because, the black and white gives the photo a huge power and intensity. 

I think that the role of Martin Chambi in the history of Peru is very important and fundamental, because he was able to show a part of Peru that it has never shown.  Y love him <3 



6 comentarios:

  1. I think with the Chiambi's work you can see the problem of the identity in Latin america.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think Chambi had an specail feeling to represent the identity and the cultural changes, I like his work and the topics about.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. When I see pictures about artist we have studied, always remember Vivian Maier and her selfies and reflections.

    Chambi did an amazing work with his photos.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I don't know too much that artis, but I can see with the photos you show us, are very good.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I think Chambi had an specail feeling to represent the identity and the cultural changes, I like his work and the topics about.


    ** goldenslot mobile**
    ** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**

    ResponderEliminar

  6. Your blog is very useful for me.I really like you post.Thanks for sharing.
    หนังผี

    ResponderEliminar